- Saturday, May 11th
- 8:30 AM | GFC Gym
- This is a monthly outreach opportunity to serve the Tampa Bay Community.
- This month we will be partnering with “Stop Hunger Now” to pack 20,000 meals in 3 hours!
- Tuesday, May 14th
- 7:00 PM
- Rooms 201-202
- Come hear Pastor Craig’s heart on what our heart, history & strategy is at GFC.
- Don’t miss out on the most awesome event of the summer - Clash camp!
- 6th graders - graduating seniors
- June 12th-15th
- Registration ends May 15th
Join us for the final week of our series "The Art of Family" with Pastor Craig this weekend. Then, mark your calendars for an exciting NEW series starting the weekend of May 25th & 26th that takes us into summer called "The Original Hall of Fame". You’re not going to want to miss a weekend!
story | Draw Your Family Winner
You may have seen on campus over the last several weeks that many of our students participated in our “Draw Your Family Contest”. We’ve been blessed by the results decorating our walls. Last week, we drew the winning name from our list of finalists and 6 year old Daniel Ponton was chosen as the winner of the trip to Walt Disney World. We took a camera crew to his house and surprised him with the tickets and a framed picture of the art he created. Watch the video now.
devotion | Be Still and Know that I am God
He says, ‘Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalms 46:10 (New International Version)
Today’s devotion is a practical application of this verse. ALL of us are guilty of being too busy for God. Our days are whirlwinds of busy-ness and we keep putting God off. Be reminded that this life is not about what you do for God. It’s about exalting God. But most of us are so busy trying to accomplish things, we are never still and know that God is God.
Here are some simple ways to be still this week:
- When you wake up in the morning, don’t turn on the TV or radio. Just rest in the silence and keep your mind at bay. Soon enough, it will be churning and thinking and trying to get ahead of your soul.
- When you get in your car in the morning, leave the radio off. Rest in God’s presence and simply breathe Him in.
- At lunch, take 10-15 minutes to read a scripture passage, and then simply meditate on it as you eat.
- If you’re a social media “junkie”, schedule specific times to check posts, and commit to ONLY checking during those times. Then, set a time in the evening to turn it off every night.
- Don’t sleep with your phone in your bedroom. Put it somewhere you can’t hear it and trust that God can cover anything while you rest.
- Take a walk after dinner and admire the sights and sounds of creation. Know that God created everything around you.
- Before you go to bed, kneel before God and simply get into His presence. Focus on how awesome and incredible He is. You don’t need to always ask Him for stuff. He knows the desires of your heart.
If you have other ideas on how to “Be Still”, we’d love to hear them. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.